> Do you have experience of CNC Milling but you're fed up of repetitive machining?
> Do you like the sound of working on something new every day, working on prototypes for some of the most famous brands in the world and on new inventions?
Then please do read on, this job might be for you...
Job title: CNC Miller Setter/Operator
Hours: 2:30pm - midnight Monday to Thursday (36 hour working week)
Pay/salary: Looking to pay a salary of around £23,000 but happy to discuss on an individual basis
Benefits: great working conditions, modern facilities and equipment, free off-street parking, very good benefits package, four day working week amongst other benefits.
Location: Gloucester, easily commutable from Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Stonehouse and surrounding areas
CNC Machinist / Setter Operator - Twilight Shift
The Machinist/Setter Operator reports to the CNC Team Leader and he/she will be expected to set up and operate manual lathes and milling machines as well as handling, loading and setting fixture plates and support jigs onto 3-axis and 5-axis machines in a one-off or low batch machining environment.
The successful candidate MUST be able to:
- Set up and operate CNC milling machines.
- Work to tight machining tolerances and thoroughly check his/her own work (use of verniers, etc.)
- Work to 2D drawings and job specifications with the minimum of supervision, after training.
- Perform in process batch inspection of CNC machined parts.
- Monitor the condition and stock levels of tooling in your area, reporting any shortages or actions needed.
Experience / Qualifications
- Ideally time-served apprentice / engineer in mechanical engineering
- Experience in operating CNC machines with Heidenhein and/or Mazatrol controllers.
- Working on own initiative in a machine shop environment
- Experience in hand finishing of metal components & bench fitting, hand-tapping, deburring etc.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Ability to read and interpret 2D machining drawings and 3D CAD models, including tolerances and surface finish specifications
- Excellent housekeeping, timekeeping and reliability
- Confident team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Twilight Shift - Standard hours of work are 2.30 pm to midnight, Monday to Thursday. This equates to a 36-hour week.
To apply for this CNC Supervisor role
Don't worry - we promise complete confidentiality so if you'd like to talk after working hours, please do get in touch with me and I can call you back at a time to suit you.
If you'd like to be considered as a candidate for this vacancy or if you'd just like to find out more, please do use the 'apply now' button on this advertisement to send in your CV or get in touch directly on 01242-246-022 or by email on tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Key words for search purposes only: CNC machining setter operator precision engineering machine mill milling miller GL1 5TT
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.