£17.5 - £18 per hour
18 days ago
CNC Setter / Operator - NIGHT SHIFT
We are looking for a CNC machinist with experience in setting and operating CNC lathes to work with a large, prestigious employer at their clean, modern premises in Cheltenham.
- Experienced in working with CNC lathes
- Experienced in machining stainless steel in 'bar' form but experience of working with 'billets' or castings will certainly be considered
- Experience of setting and operating machines using either Fanuc, Siemens, Mazatrol or similar controls is essential for this role
- Competent use of gauges and tooling
- Experience in minor offset / program adjustments
- Experience with Star, Okuma or Miyano lathes would be advantageous
The work you will be doing ranges from small to medium batch sizes and you will need to be confident with working to engineering drawings to produce components in predominantly cast stainless steel (full inspection team backing). You will need to be familiar with using standard measuring equipment such as verniers, micrometers and depth gauges with minimal supervision too.
Hours are Monday - Thursday 6pm - 6am
Weekly pay at a good rate; clean, modern facilities and well maintained machines; free on-site parking.
For more information or to apply for this position, please submit your CV to this advert. We look forward to hearing from you!
Keywords: CNC lathe turn turner turning mill/turn mill-turn setter setting operator operating machine machining machinist fanuc siemens mazatrol Miyano okuma star
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.