A superb opportunity to work in a beautiful part of the country, for a global manufacturer of precision engineered metal parts. You will be an experienced CNC Machinist, ideally used to setting and operating CNC Milling Machines (5 axis and Mazak or Hitachi ideally). Alternatively, candidates with a general mechanical engineering or assembly background will be considered for training in CNC operation.
- To receive and check materials for production
- To set machine in accordance with requirements
- To operate a range of engineering manufacturing machinery
- To check and ensure quality of product is to standard
- To complete records and documentation as required
- To maintain good housekeeping standards
- To report any concerns to the Team Leader
- To ensure an effective handover to following shift where appropriate
- To work flexibly as part of the manufacturing team and to support other team members as required
- In all activities, to comply with quality, health & safety and environmental rules and policies
- The ability to read and accurately interpret engineering drawings
- The ability to use measuring equipment such as vernier calipers and micrometers
- The ability to identify production issues and correct accordingly
- The ability to understand milling programs and adjust if necessary
- The ability to work flexibly within your team and to support team members
- 26 days holiday per annum (allocated to fixed and flexible dates) plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
- Prudential Group Personal Pension Plan - employee contributions matched up to 5%.
Late shift 1.55 pm to 10.35 pm Monday to Thursday and 1.25 pm to 5.55 pm Friday). Total hours per week of 37.30 hours/week. Shift premium of 20% applies to double day shift. Pay frequency is on a weekly basis.
Additional hours may be required from time to time to meet business needs and provide cover for colleagues.
Double day shift: Early shift 6 am to 2 pm Monday to Thursday and 6 am to 1.30 pm Friday.
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.