A superb opportunity to work in a beautiful part of the country, for a global manufacturer of precision engineered metal parts. You will be an experienced CNC Machinist, ideally used to setting and operating CNC Milling Machines (5 axis and Mazak or Hitachi ideally).
- To receive and check materials for production
- To set machine in accordance with requirements
- To operate a range of engineering manufacturing machinery
- To check and ensure quality of product is to standard
- To complete records and documentation as required
- To maintain good housekeeping standards
- To report any concerns to the Team Leader
- To ensure an effective handover to following shift where appropriate
- To work flexibly as part of the manufacturing team and to support other team members as required
- In all activities, to comply with quality, health & safety and environmental rules and policies
- The ability to read and accurately interpret engineering drawings
- The ability to use measuring equipment such as vernier calipers and micrometers
- The ability to identify production issues and correct accordingly
- The ability to understand milling programs and adjust if necessary
- The ability to work flexibly within your team and to support team members
- 26 days holiday per annum (allocated to fixed and flexible dates) plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
- Prudential Group Personal Pension Plan - employee contributions matched up to 5%.
Double day shift: Early shift 6 am to 2 pm Monday to Thursday and 6 am to 1.30 pm Friday.
Late shift 1.55 pm to 10.35 pm Monday to Thursday and 1.25 pm to 5.55 pm Friday). Total hours per week of 37.30 hours/week.
Additional hours may be required from time to time to meet business needs and provide cover for colleagues.
Shift premium of 20% applies to double day shift. Pay frequency is on a weekly basis.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.