£34000 - £38000 per annum
TA Tewks Super_1557923047
about 1 year ago
Immediate start / after notice
Vacancy: CNC Machine Shop Supervisor (Precision CNC Turning / Milling)
Are you a Machine Shop Supervisor, Production Manager or similar, with considerable experience of working in a precision CNC machine shop?
Do you have a background of working with customers in the aerospace industry?
If so, then please do read on, you might be just who I'm looking for...
I'm seeking a talented CNC machining facility Supervisor to take the lead on day to day production at a small site with off-site head office backing. You'll be given responsibility for ensuring delivery of components on time in full, ensuring best quality standards throughout the machining, assembly and finishing processes.
The company has been trading for many years and they have recently opened a brand new purpose built facility in Tewkesbury.
Established initially to supply their core customer base in aerospace, the Tewkesbury operation is now in a position to move into a planned phase of supporting new customers. Machines have already been purchased and we're looking for the right person with an innovative and conscientious approach to working and a passion for high quality engineering to supervise the team.
Working in bright, clean premises with brand new machinery and the latest equipment, the operation has to be seen to be believed - if you're used to cramped, dark working conditions which haven't seen investment in years, you'll be very impressed with the look and feel of this company's facilities.
A friendly and relaxed yet professional culture is ready to welcome a conscientious person who wants to lead a small team of skilled engineers.
Your experience will have come from precision CNC machining (milling and turning), working with complex and intricate parts which are critical to the safety and performance of aeroplanes.
CNC Programming, Milling, Turning experience ideal, CAD / CAM (EdgeCam) experience would be preferred but not essential.
Your career might have already taken you from machining through scheduling, estimating or perhaps quality into a supervisory or management position. Most important will be your understanding of the aerospace supply industry, the complexities, certification and precision needed to provide the best possible service to highly valued customers.
- You'll be a skilled people person. You're a confident communicator who can get the best out of your team whilst being supportive of individuals' career goals.
- You'll have a background in CNC machining;
- a sound understanding of machine shop flow, finishing, assembly and quality processes and procedures;
- a working knowledge of load, capacity, workshop scheduling & production control;
- a good understanding of quality standards (AS9100and/or ISO 9001 would be ideal) and
- an exposure to Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) principles and practices.
About the job
On offer is a rare opportunity to take the next step in your career to lead a small team in brand new premises with brand new machines and equipment backed by company headquarters with over fifty years' experience in aerospace manufacturing.
The Tewkesbury facility offers full machining capability with new 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC milling machines and new CNC lathes with off-centre milling capability for complex parts, precision grinding machinery and quality inspection equipment.
CNC Machines operate with Fanuc and Siemens controls and EdgeCam offline programming software is used also.
Your job will see you:
- supervising a small team made up of predominantly engineers, ensuring a safe working environment is maintained;
- managing production carefully to achieve production plans;
- carrying out daily reviews with engineers and programme schedulers;
- using lean manufacturing tools to maintain highest standards;
- monitoring facility and machine performance, producing data to track, report then identify areas for improvement;
- holding regular performance meetings with your Manager and with your staff, producing agreed plans of action and
- having frequent planned and reactive dealings with suppliers and customers, hosting supplier and customer visits and participating in planning meetings.
- Salary between £34,000 and £38,000 to begin with, increases in salary can be achieved after time served and machine competence achieved
- Annual salary review
- 25 days holiday plus all bank holidays paid
- This position is a permanent job from day one working directly for our client, not a temporary or contracting role
- Core hours between 08:00am and 4:00pm, 39 hours per week, flexible to achieve early finish Friday.
- Please enquire for a complete benefits package
To apply for this CNC Supervisor role
Don't worry - we promise complete confidentiality so if you'd like to talk after working hours, please do get in touch with me and I can call you back at a time to suit you.
If you'd like to be considered as a candidate for this vacancy or if you'd just like to find out more, please do use the 'apply now' button on this advertisement to send in your CV or get in touch directly on 01242-246-022 or by email on tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.