£20 - £26.66 per hour
3 months ago
Meridian Business Support are recruiting for machinists with experience in setting and operating CNC lathes to work with a large, prestigious employer at their clean, modern premises in Cheltenham.
Hours of work:
Friday - Sunday 6pm - 7am / 5pm - 6am
Friday and Saturday Pay Rate £20.00 per hour
Sunday Pay rate £26.66 per hour
- Experienced in working with CNC lathes
- Experienced in machining stainless steel in 'bar' form but experience of working with 'billets' or castings will certainly be considered
- Experience of setting and operating machines using either Fanuc, Siemens, Mazatrol or similar controls is essential for this role
- Competent use of gauges and tooling
- Experience in minor offset / program adjustments
- Experience with Star or Mazak lathes would be advantageous.
The work you will be doing ranges from small to medium batch sizes and you will need to be confident with working to engineering drawings to produce components in predominantly cast stainless steel (full inspection team backing). You will need to be familiar with using standard measuring equipment such as verniers, micrometers and depth gauges with minimal supervision too.
Weekly pay at a good rate (Weekend Night Shift is paid at a shift premium) ; clean, modern facilities and well maintained machines.
The role would initially require training to be completed on either weekday day shift or weekday night shift for 6 - 8 weeks. Once fully trained the successful candidate will transfer over to the Weekend Night Shift pattern.