0118 907 3199
about 1 month ago
Travelling to other sites will be required in this role.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car
- Contracted to 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday – 08:00 – 17:00
- No bank holiday working required
- Benefits: Pension scheme, Life assurance, 25 days holiday
- Transport Experience is essential
As a Cluster Transport Manager, you will oversee the day-to-day transport operations across multiple sites, Supervise and lead the drivers to drive fulfilment rates and provide training and coaching to ensure service level targets are consistently achieved.
This role is a great opportunity for an Experienced Transport manager who is looking for the next step to manage multi sites of for an Experienced Cluster Transport manager who is looking for a new challenge
You will use your exceptional knowledge of managing drivers to ensure company standards are met in relation to behaviour and telematics technology for route planning. Delivering workloads against company KPI’s whilst ensuring priorities are manged accordingly & within tight time scales and contribute to the implementing operational strategy in line with business objectives.
Cluster Transport Manager Role:
- Deliver the transport and distribution services, infrastructure and cost base within defined service level agreements
- Ensure each relevant location achieves all legal, Health & Safety and transportation compliance targets in relation to the transport functions, to include the management of: vehicle tracking efficiency; Driver Behaviour, efficient Route Planning; FORS accreditations; and O-License compliance
- Continuously improve customer service levels through accurate monitoring through telematics and process changes within a cost-effective and traceable framework, working collaboratively through the cluster network
- Collate, analyse and present area transport data to Hub Cluster Manager to identify improvement on required measures and other initiatives within transport operations
- Management of all aspects of transport OTIF to include operational efficiencies, failed deliveries and failure types to enhance cluster transport operations
- Drive transportation policy and procedure to motivate, lead and develop colleagues to achieve objectives
- Promote Health and Safety standards within transport, ensure compliance to the Rexel Health and Safety Policy, to seek out and implement methods to further improve performance
- To review all cluster Key Performance Indicators, with regards to miles, drops, postcodes, costs then take prompt and appropriate action to correct any shortfalls in those areas
- Control and monitor costs within your area of responsibility and within agreed budgets e.g. driver overtime, absence, transport carrier costs and 3rdparty transportation network (including parcel, pallet and dedicated carriers).
- Work in partnership with Hub Managers, Hub Cluster Mangers and transport supervisors in monitoring and reviewing operational delivery performance against any agreed KPIs
- Maintain ethical standards in accordance with Rexel UK Ltd. policies, the Company's compliance guidelines and UK legislation
- Ensure that the equipment and PPE necessary for Drivers are available and maintained to the required standards.
- Control and monitor costs within your area of responsibility e.g. driver overtime, absence, transport carrier costs.
Cluster Transport Manager Person:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage with all business audiences to present activity plans and performance progress in a simple and understandable manner
- Ability to collaboratively manage and consistently execute area transport delivery services in cluster over multiple hub and delivery branch locations
- Working knowledge of all relevant current transport law and best practice
- Management of compliance, transport record keeping and driver training requirements over multiple locations
- Highly organised with strong time management skills, able to work to tight deadlines
- Be capable of decisive and effective decision-making, in a time pressured environment
- Competent user of Microsoft Windows based packages including excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations & word to analyse transport data
- Holder of a Certificate of Professional Competence (desirable)
- Good commercial awareness
APPLY ONLINE Today
Our client believes that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation list. Therefore, they will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK.