Royal Tunbridge Wells
£38000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus + Benefit Package
0151 556 2090
10 days ago
Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Paramedic
Starting Salary - £38,000 + Bonus
Full time and Part Time
Office and Home based positions available
Meridian Business Support is currently recruiting HCPC/NMC registered Nurse (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapists, Paramedics and Occupational Therapists who would be interested in pursuing a challenging and rewarding career as a Clinical Disability Assessor. This is an excellent opportunity to utilise your clinical knowledge, skills and decision-making abilities in a new environment whilst gaining an accredited qualification to add to your portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
These roles as Disability Assessor’s are a step away from the normal clinical role and involves no treatment, diagnosing, decision making or hands on care, however, you will still be using your clinical skills and knowledge, completing in depth assessments and writing accurate and detailed reports. As an assessor you will be providing support to individuals with an ongoing PIP application due to a long-term health condition or disability.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any of the outlined specialities who are maybe looking for a new challenge, to move away from a hands-on position or who need family friendly hours such as Monday – Friday office working hours.
In addition to the above, you will enhance your clinical knowledge and skills with a comprehensive training programme, receive ongoing support and also enhance your assessment and report writing skills.
Due to the pandemic at the moment these assessments are done over the phone, however, face to face will resume post pandemic if you choose an office based position. Alternatively, we do have home based roles available.
Essential Person Specification:
- Post-qualification experience in one of the following occupations: Nurse, Physiotherapist, Paramedic, Occupational Therapist.
- Have an active registration with NMC/HCPC with no restrictions on practice.
- No previous Disability Assessor experience is required as training is provided. However, it is essential that any applicant is either a qualified Nurse, Physiotherapist, Paramedic or Occupational Therapist.
- 12 Months+ Post graduate experience
- A full comprehensive training course is provided (for which you are paid a full-time salary).
- Salary increase upon approval
- Bonus structure
- 25 days annual leave (plus all eight bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Annual leave (buy/sell)
- Health screening
- NMC/HCPC fee reimbursement
- Continuous Professional Development & support with re-validation
- A stakeholder pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 10% of basic salary
- Home Working Options or Office Based