£37333 - £39333 per annum
KQ- Asc 15/04-1
5 months ago
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk / Home-based also available
£37,333 rising to £39,333 + bonus and excellent benefits
Monday to Friday – office hours – No weekend work / Bank holidays (full and part time hours)
Are you an experienced NMC / HCPC Health practitioner looking for a new challenge whilst utilising all your clinical skills?
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our prestigious client, working with a team of Disability Assessors enjoying a structured working week allowing a great work life balance, a rewarding salary of £37,333, rising to £39,333 plus performance based bonus and the opportunity to progress your career in new ways.
You will work for a leading independent UK healthcare business. They provide MSK physiotherapy and selected clinical outsourcing to the NHS and hundreds of other organisations, which includes connecting essential government services with the clinical talent needed to carry out high quality medical assessments.
About the role
Working as a Disability Assessor is a rewarding role for someone who thrives in a communication and patient focused environment. Your day-to-day role will include:
- Holding consultations with people over the phone making a claim for the Personal Independent Payment (PIP) benefit in relation to a disability or condition.
- Conducting a thorough functional medical assessment of their disability or condition.
- Using your strong communications skills to learn more about how their disability affects them.
- Working with a varied caseload and complex conditions including physical, mental health, cognitive and sensory impairments.
- Producing comprehensive and impartial evidence based reports for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to help them ensure that people receive the right benefits and support.
- Working autonomously to manage your clinic and consultations, free from admin tasks like sending patient letters or calling people who do not show up.
- Linking in with your regional support network and our wider team of like-minded healthcare professionals as you need to.
- Excellent clinical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A positive, empathetic and professional manner.
- Strong computer and IT skills.
- The ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to work under pressure, and be flexible and adaptable in your approach.
- Private healthcare plan.
- Pension scheme.
- Free and discounted physio
- Further ongoing CPD training and internal courses.
- Company phone and IT support provided to all staff.
- Employee Assistance Programme (accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days per week).
- Excellent prospects for promotion and professional growth.
- Revalidation support
- Split role opportunities for physiotherapists who can combine PIP assessments alongside our musculoskeletal physiotherapy development pathway.
- Company-wide and regional social events.
- Great team dynamics and a supportive clinical culture.
- Less admin tasks and more autonomy in your role.