Newcastle upon Tyne
£32000 - £35000 per annum
27 days ago
Clinical Assessor - Newcastle
Meridian business support are seeking to speak to healthcare professionals looking to have a more structured work to life balance; while still utilising their NMC or HCPC registration and working in a clinical role. These positions offer extensive further development and career progression.
If you come from one of the below backgrounds you will be considered:
- Occupational Therapist
These roles are office based and has claimant contact via telephone interaction as well as frequent contact with other health care professionals. Candidates will be reviewing a case load and completing a report based on medical evidence they obtain. Suitable candidates will be required to use their clinical knowledge and expertise to analyse medical evidence and prepare reports. This is not a data input role.
- You are responsible for clinically evaluating the route in which a claimants PIP file is processed.
- You play a key role in influencing/enhancing a claimant's journey.
- You will be responsible for deciding whether a claimant requires F2F consultation or home.
- You will utilise their clinical knowledge/skills massively within this role as they are responsible for liaising with GPs, Consultants and Specialist Nurses.
- You would be completing telephone assessments carried out with claimants as part of the role.
This is an office-based role and no two days will ever be the same. Given the wide range of conditions and disabilities you will be analysing, each day will contribute to your expanding clinical knowledge.
This is still a clinical role and recognised by the NMC and HCPC so revalidation will continue. A fully interactive process for signing off revalidation, which is managed by the CSL. Monthly 1-hour CPD modules topics.
Opportunity to widen the scope of the role at specific points. At 6-month mark, there are various specialist roles specifically for BO that clinicians can move into.
Further Key Points:
- Free On-site parking at the office.
- Once training is complete you can enjoy up to 50% home working. (Currently 100% home working due to COVID-19)
- Flexible hours within role.
- Salary of 32-35K basic with OTE of £40,680 (AFTER COVID-19)
- 25 days annual leave (plus all eight bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance.
- Annual leave (buy/sell)
- Health screening.
- NMC/HCPC fee reimbursement.
- Continuous Professional Development & support with revalidation.
- A stakeholder pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 10% of basic salary.
If you are interested in the Disability Assessor position and would like to start an application, then please apply to this advert and a member of recruitment team will be in touch. Alternatively, to find out further information or to have a confidential conversation please contact Paris Desouza - email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.