£14.63 - £19.10 per hour + Overtime available
Milton Keynes Branch
13 days ago
Meridian Business Support are looking to recruit 2 x Class1/HGV 1/Cat C+E drivers for our client based in South Ockendon. New assessments have been created to recruit drivers looking to work for one of the most recognised clothing and home furnishings companies in the country.
About the role:
- Be responsible for the safe, efficient and economic driving for both delivery and collection activities, ensuring these are on time and in excellent condition.
- Communicate direct with retail stores and traffic office to keep them informed of expected delivery times.
- Complete all documentation relevant to your role.
- Ensure that your vehicle is safe and legally compliant.
- Adhere to driving regulations as laid out by the client.
- Have a full driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points.
- Be an experienced Class 1/HGV 1/Cat C+E driver.
- Be organised and thorough with a good eye for detail
- Have good communication skills.
- Be punctual and able to time manage own schedule
- Be positive, flexible and punctual
- Have previous experience in a driving role
- Be provided with 5 days paid training
- Delivering to stores or hubs of the clients business operation.
- 1, 2, or maximum 3 drops in any one shift.
- All drivers are expected to scan all items on arrival to the stores.
Training is provided to cover the above, scanners are issued daily to drivers, which also have sat nav loaded on to them to support the driver.
Possible permanent contracts can also be offered after a successful qualifying period.
PAYE Drivers £14.63ph - Overtime £19.10ph
LTD Drivers £17.00ph - Overtime £23.00ph
Driving assessments will be required prior to starting.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.