Up to £24535.68 per annum
Shared User Wigan_1609073031
29 days ago
PERMANENT ROLE - £24,535.68pa - Any 5 out of 6 - 48-HOURS A WEEK
We are looking for Class 2 and 7.5T drivers for home delivery work based out of Wigan
- £9.83ph - Hourly rate
- Shift Pattern: 5 shifts between Monday & Saturday - No Sunday working
- Start time: between 04:30 - 06:30
In this role you will work in a two-person team crew to deliver a first class home delivery service for a prestigious client. Customer service will be at the heart of the role.
You will be required to deliver furniture directly to customers and Construct items within the customer's home as per requirements.
Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required. This includes safely carrying and assembling furniture in customer's homes. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
- Meet and where possible exceed customer expectations in the delivery and installation/fitting of their furniture
- Construct furniture items in customer's homes as per our customer contract guidelines, removing waste packaging and returning it to the site for appropriate waste disposal
- Ensure first class customer service is experienced at all times
- Complete all internal stock transfers in order to maximise vehicle utilisation
- Ensure all documentation is completed and returned accurately at the end of each journey
- Adhere to specified time restrictions given under current legislation
- Ensure correct completion of tachographs in line with legislative and company policy/procedural requirements
- Ensure all vehicles checks are performed at the start and at the end of each journey, reporting all defects as per the current procedure
- Drive the vehicle in a safe manner, adhering to road traffic regulations
- Ensure the vehicle is appropriately secured at all times.
- Report any discrepancies to the Transport Supervisor as soon as they are identified
- DBS check will be undertaken
Experience and Qualifications:
- You MUST hold a valid in date LGV / HGV Class 2 or 7.5t licence
- You MUST hold a valid Digital Tachograph card
- Full Driver Qualification Card (Driver CPC)
- You MUST have no more than 6 points on your licence
- Outstanding communication skills targeted at handling customers face to face and over the phone
- Exceptional time management, working to tight deadlines
- Previous work experience in assembly or fitting operations
- Capability of working well under pressure especially in adverse situations. such as accidents or traffic jams
- Demonstrated ability to multitask to make up for lost time in the event of delays in delivery.
- Proven ability to exhibit great attention to detail
- A great team player
£500 for recommending a driver friend and your friend also gets £250
If you have what it takes to be part of this winning team please APPLY ON LINE
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.