£31350 per annum
0118 907 3199
about 1 month ago
We are looking for Class 2 HIAB/Home Delivery drivers to join our well-known home improvement depot based in Sherburn, Elmet.
- £31,350pa – Salary
- Overtime for hours worked over 48 hours
- Shift Pattern: 5/6 out of 7
- Start time between 05:00 – 07:00
- Contracted to 48 hours per week
- Extensive and comprehensive induction/training programme
You will be delivering to homes predominantly using a HIAB, so ideally you will have HIAB experience, but full training will be provided for the right candidate, On occasions you will also be required to drive a Curtainside vehicle working in a two person crew delivering Kitchen and bathroom items to customers’ homes, Handballing the items into the room of choice but no assembly needed.
This role is key to the success of our business and you will represent our business to the customer on a daily basis. You will be responsible for delivering exceptional levels of customer service and ensure the customer receives their deliveries in excellent condition, on time every time.
Therefore hand-balling heavy products and Town/City driving will be required.
- Ensure first class customer service is experienced at all times
- Provide a professional driving and delivery service to meet and exceed expectations of our customers
- Ensure all documentation is completed accurately at the end of each journey
- Adhere to specified time restrictions given under current legislation
- Ensure all vehicles checks are performed at the start and at the end of each journey, reporting all defects as per the current procedure
- Drive and operate in a safe, responsible and courteous manner always, and in accordance with company policy & procedures, legislation and traffic regulations
- Carry out vehicle checks and ensure that defects are reported immediately and complete all paperwork in line with procedures
- Must hold a valid HGV LGV Class 2 licence
- Must hold a valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC Card)
- Must hold a Digital Tachograph card
- Must not have more than 6 points on your licence
- Minimum 6 months Class 2 driving experience essential, but 12 months preferred
- ALLMI preferred, but not essential
- Customer service experience is essential to the role
- Have a positive, flexible attitude to work
- Good timekeeper, with the ability to work unsupervised
- Multi drop experience is desirable
- Be flexible in relation to shifts and duties
- DBS check will be required
If you have what it takes to be part of this winning team please APPLY ON LINE