Up to £23000 per annum + plus £3k Bonus
21 days ago
Class 2 Drivers wanted on a permanent basis to work for a leading food distributor in Uddingston. Salary £23k plus £3k bonus. Working Monday to Friday with a start time of 8am to finish drops (plus at least 2 Sundays per month with weekday in lieu).
Working in the Glasgow area you will be making 10-14 deliveries per day to restaurants and takeaways as requested, making sure all special instructions are adhered to, along with the below:
- Liaise with Operations Management and Transport Manager to prioritise for sales order distribution
- Loading of the vehicles
- Inspect and maintain vehicle to company standard (reporting any defects)
- Obey traffic laws and regulations.
- Verify the contents of the loads against shipping papers
- Collect correct payment from customers (if required)
- Report any mechanical faults found with vehicles
- Report any delays, accidents etc to Head Office
It is essential that you hold an HGV Class 2 license along with a Digi Tacho. Previous multi drop experience is a bonus, however not essential. To be successful in this role you need to be flexible and have a "get up and go" attitude.
This role would suit: Class 2 Driver, Lorry Driver, HGV Driver, LGV Driver, CPC, Digi Tacho, Class 1 Driver
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.