PERMANENT ROLE - £28,000pa - Any 4 out of 6 - 48 hour week
We are looking for Class 2 and 7.5T drivers for home delivery work based out of Tunbridge wells.
- £11.22ph - Hourly rate
- £16.83ph - For hours worked over
- Shift Pattern: Any 4 out of 6
- Working days: 4 shifts between Monday & Saturday - No Sunday working
- Start time: between 04.00 - 06.00
In this role you will work in a two-person team crew to deliver a first class home delivery service for a prestigious client.
You will be required to deliver furniture directly to customers and Construct items within the customer's home as per requirements.
- Meet and where possible exceed customer expectations in the delivery and installation/fitting of their furniture.
- Construct furniture items in customer's homes as per our customer contract guidelines, removing waste packaging and returning it to the site for appropriate waste disposal.
- Ensure first class customer service is experienced at all times.
- Complete all internal stock transfers in order to maximise vehicle utilisation.
- Ensure all documentation is completed and returned accurately at the end of each journey.
- Adhere to specified time restrictions given under current legislation.
- Ensure correct completion of tachographs in line with legislative and company policy/procedural requirements.
- Ensure all vehicles checks are performed at the start and at the end of each journey, reporting all defects as per the current procedure.
- Drive the vehicle in a safe manner, adhering to road traffic regulations.
- Ensure the vehicle is appropriately secured at all times.
- Report any discrepancies to the Transport Supervisor as soon as they are identified.
Experience and Qualifications
- Outstanding communication skills targeted at handling customers face to face and over the phone.
- Exceptional time management, working to tight deadlines.
- Previous work experience in assembly or fitting operations.
- Capability of working well under pressure especially in adverse situations. such as accidents or traffic jams.
- Proven ability to exhibit great attention to detail.
- Full UK Driving Licence and possess a 7.5 or Class 2 licence
- In date CPC desirable however the qualification can be obtained during employment
- Ideally must hold an in date Tachograph / Digi card
Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
£500 for recommending a driver friend and your friend also gets £250
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.