PERMANENT ROLE - £22,837.50- Any 4 out of 6 - 48 hour week
We are looking for Class 2 and 7.5T drivers for home delivery work based out of Sheffield.
- £9.15ph - Hourly rate
- £13.73ph - For hours worked over 48 hours
- Shift Pattern: Any 4 out of 6
- Working days: 4 shifts between Monday & Saturday - No Sunday working
- Start time: between 04.00 - 06.00
In this role you will work in a two-person team crew to deliver a first class home delivery service for a prestigious client.
You will be required to deliver furniture directly to customers and Construct items within the customer's home as per requirements.
- Meet and where possible exceed customer expectations in the delivery and installation/fitting of their furniture.
- Construct furniture items in customer's homes as per our customer contract guidelines, removing waste packaging and returning it to the site for appropriate waste disposal.
- Ensure first class customer service is experienced at all times.
- Complete all internal stock transfers in order to maximise vehicle utilisation.
- Ensure all documentation is completed and returned accurately at the end of each journey.
- Adhere to specified time restrictions given under current legislation.
- Ensure correct completion of tachographs in line with legislative and company policy/procedural requirements.
- Ensure all vehicles checks are performed at the start and at the end of each journey, reporting all defects as per the current procedure.
- Drive the vehicle in a safe manner, adhering to road traffic regulations.
- Ensure the vehicle is appropriately secured at all times.
- Report any discrepancies to the Transport Supervisor as soon as they are identified.
- DBS check will be undertaken
Experience and Qualifications
- Outstanding communication skills targeted at handling customers face to face and over the phone.
- Exceptional time management, working to tight deadlines.
- Previous work experience in assembly or fitting operations.
- Capability of working well under pressure especially in adverse situations. such as accidents or traffic jams.
- Proven ability to exhibit great attention to detail.
- Full UK Driving Licence and possess a 7.5 or Class 2 licence
- In date CPC desirable however the qualification can be obtained during employment
- Ideally must hold an in date Tachograph / Digi card
Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required. This includes safely carrying and assembling furniture in customer's homes. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
£500 for recommending a driver friend and your friend also gets £250
If you have what it takes to be part of this winning team please APPLY ON LINE
If you have any questions about the role call 0117 906 5810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.