Up to £34944 per annum
7 months ago
PERMANENT ROLE - 48 HOURS A WEEK - Shunter / Tug Driver - £34,944.00pa
Class 1 Shunter/Tug Drivers needed as part of our supply chain based out of the Greenford depot.
This is a permanent position, working 4 days out of 7, completing the 14:00 - 02:00 shift, doing 12 hours per day.
- Hourly rate- £14.00ph
- Salary - £34,944.00pa
You will be required to complete shunting work around the yard transporting various retail products and of site to other yards so a Class 1 or 2 Licence is required.
This is a physical role where you will be mounting and dismounting trailers and will involve off loading products.
Class 1 licence is preferable but is not essential if the candidate has Class 2 licence and shunting experience
- To shunt trailers around site
- Applying safety equipment to trailers
- Perform yard checks
- Directing drivers to correct bays for loading
- Trailer inspections, reporting defects
- Site cleaning as and when required
- To work within the guidelines of the company's safety culture, ensuring the safety of themselves and their colleagues at all times.
- Moving all vehicles that come on site
Experience & Qualifications:
- You must not have more than 6 points on your licence
- Ideally hold a valid Class 1 licence or Class 2 (with shunting experience)
- Previous experience using shunting vehicle is an advantage
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Flexible approach to hours of work
- Able to perform in a team environment
£500 for recommending a driver friend and your friend also gets £250
If you have what it takes to be part of this winning team please APPLY ON LINE
If you have any questions about the role call 0117 906 5810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.