Up to £33182.00 per annum
Halfords Grnd D&L_1609075799
24 days ago
PERMANENT ROLE - Any 5 out of 7 - DAYS OR LATES - £33,182.00pa
Class 1 Drivers needed for the UK's leading supply chain provider based out of Greenford, We have roles available covering either Days or Lates.
- Salary - £33,182.00pa
- Contracted to 48 hours per week
- Sixth Shift Payment - £130 payment
Days - Working on a 5 out of 7 rotating shift pattern starting between 02:00 and 06:30
Week 1) Monday to Friday
Week 2) Tuesday to Saturday
You will be delivering to stores using a tail lift to aid the offloading of cages, totes and bicycles in a double decker, where you are required to operate a scanner to record all items delivered and collected.
Lates - Working on a 5 out of 7 rotating shift pattern starting between 16:00 and 18:00
Week 1) Sunday to Thursday
Week 2) Monday to Friday
You will be delivering to and picking up trailers (Drop and Swop Operation) from Coventry and when requested completing a drop & swop from Crick as well.
Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
- To ensure the safe and efficient handling of the vehicle in all respects, including the optimisation of fuel usage, cleanliness of cab etc.
- To conduct pre shift checks on vehicle / trailers and report any maintenance issues / concerns in a timely manner and in line with company / site defect policy and procedure
- To advise the depot of any problems, changes to schedule etc. whilst on shift / on a delivery
- To ensure the organisation and accurate completion of all related paperwork
- To participate in driver de-brief sessions at the end of each shift in order to provide information about specific deliveries and the shift in general
- To ensure compliance with all transport driver legislation and with company and site policies and procedures
- To avoid stock damage in line with company and site procedures
- To undertake the necessary training in order to carry out role in a safe, correct and efficient manner
- To ensure that all training (especially related to Health and Safety) is adhered to at all times
- Have a good communication skill set to converse with the customer and commutate via telephone directly back to the Transport Office.
- To ensure that any concerns regarding Health and Safety is immediately reported to a member of the Management Team
- To appropriately report any personal injury, accident or damage to any equipment, Machinery, premises or stock
- To maintain high standards of personal hygiene and presentation while undertaking role
- To undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function
- To contribute towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices within the department
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must hold a valid in date Class 1 licence
- Must hold a valid in date CPC licence
- Must hold a valid in date digital tachograph card
- Must have 6 or less points on your licence
- Minimum 12 months Class 1 driving experience
- Experience with double decker trailers desirable
- Flexibility in relation to availability and shift patterns
- Need to be able to ensure correct and accurate completion of documentation in line with legislative and company policies and procedures
- Able to provide a time critical delivery service in line with site KPI's including fuel efficiency
- Applicants will also undergo a driving and medical assessment as part of the recruitment process
£500 for recommending a driver friend and your friend also gets £250
If you feel you have what it takes to be part of this winning team please APPLY ON LINE
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.