We are currently recruiting for an experienced Civil Infrastructure Engineer to work for this expanding business.
The role will be based in my clients Cardiff head office to service their increasing workload. They are looking for a candidate who can offer technical expertise coupled with the drive to develop their career alongside the company growth.
You will be responsible for day-to-day Civil Infrastructure design work for projects, from their inception through to completion. You will be encouraged to get actively involved in discussions and offer valuable input to help produce the highest possible standard of work, as well as encouraging your colleagues to think outside the box in all aspects of design. Your work will be varied and interesting, across varying sectors (Education, Residential, Commercial, Leisure) and will include pre-planning services, detailed design and construction support services delivered through both traditional and D&B environments.
Candidates are expected to have a history of working within a consultancy, across a broad range of projects and sectors. Ideally, you'll be professional qualified IEng/CEng MICE or well on your way towards your qualifications, in which case we'll be given plenty of support.
Our ideal candidate will have;
- MEng/Msc or BEng/Bsc Civil Engineering degree
- A minimum of 3 years post graduate experience working within an engineering consultancy in the private sector
- Outstanding knowledge of highway and drainage design
- Experience of S38 & S278 highway agreements
- Experience of S98, S104, S106, S185 drainage agreements
- Experience of SuDs design
- Familiar with relevant design standards; DMRB, Manual for Streets, Sewers for Adoption, The SuDs Manual, Building Regs Part H
- Working knowledge of Civils 3D / PDS software packages
- Proficient in the use of Microdrainage and AutoCAD
- Ability to mentor junior members of the team and offer constructive feedback.
- Good time management and ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills.
- A passion for continual learning and development of skill set.
We're offering a very competitive salary, to suit your experience, along with great business benefits and incentives. For the right candidate, job role will develop around your skills and ambitions.
Interested? Then send your CV today for consideration.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.