£18618 - £19968 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Sleep in Rates
27 days ago
This is a rewarding opportunity to work with children in a residential care setting. You will be required to provide day to day support and guidance as well as running activities for children and teenagers. Applications are welcomed from experienced Residential Children’s Care Workers with proven ability to support young people who have been the victims of trauma and are extremely vulnerable.
The shift patterns for this role are 2 on (sleep ins) 4 off which gives you a great work life balance. You will be paid a salary from £18,618 - £19,968 depending on experience and will also receive a fee of £35 per sleep in.
- Ability to work as a team to provide a high level of care.
- Encourage young people to be motivated and take part in activities and education.
- Provide a safe environment for the young people in our care.
- Ensure record keeping and administrative duties are met including care plans and all relevant paperwork is updated.
- Be flexible and able to undertake shift work including weekends and sleep-ins.
- Full UK driving licence and a car available.
- Diploma Level 3 qualified in Children and Young Persons Workforce or equivalent or willingness to work towards the above Level 3 qualification.
- Knowledge of current legislation.
- Experience of Ofsted inspections.
- Understanding of attachment and trauma in relation to young people.
- Pension Auto-enrolment
- ‘Pay Care Scheme’, this is a company health care benefit.
- ‘Perk Box’, this allows the employees to get discounts or free offers on hundreds of well-known high-street brands.
- Annual Leave Service Award
- Long Service Bonus of £750 given after 5 continuous full-time years of employment
- NVQ Bonus when complete Level 3 (£500 in total) or Level 5 (£750 in total) in instalments, initial after completion and remainder 18 months following
- Refer a friend scheme for both qualified and unqualified
- Free meals on shift (for residential roles)
- Company pays for DBS as well as reimburses cost for update service each year
This is a fantastic organisation for anyone wanting a career in this field and for someone who is always committed to providing quality care.
If you would like more information on this role or would like to discuss this further, please call Olivia at Meridian Business Support on 0151-556-2090 or send an up to date Cv to Oforsyh@meridianbs.co.uk.