Isle of Man
£25000 - £31000 per annum, Benefits: NHS benefits
0151 556 2090
29 days ago
Isle of Man
We are currently looking for a temporary position to be filled. This is a band 5 role, and we are looking for a registered children’s nurse.
As a member of a multidisciplinary team the post holder will have responsibility for the specialised nursing assessment of the child and family care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care
Your main duties!
- Responsible for the assessment of care needs of the child / family and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for children to ensure delivery of a high standard of nursing care using specialized training and evidence based practice
- Organise own workload to ensure that the interests of children and families are paramount
- In the absence of the Senior sister/ Charge Nurse, sister /Charge nurse or Senor Staff nurse be responsible for the management of the ward for the duration of the shift, including work allocation, supervision of staff, liaison with appropriate other staff i.e. Health Visitors, Community nurses, social services.
- Must not, by act or omission, endanger the safety of him / herself or others and must report all untoward occurrences and incidents
- Responsible for maintaining patient healthcare records to agreed standards in line with Professional and organisational guidelines
- Responsible for the direct supervision of, mentor and be a preceptor to junior staff / students who are providing care for the child
- Registered Nurse with NMC Registration
- Registered Sick Children’s Nurse
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge, skills and competence to ensure the delivery of research and evidence-based practice in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Information technology skills in e-mail, PAS, PACS, and word processor.
- Demonstrate effective use of time of self and others by effectively managing workload e.g. delegate breaks, duties to junior staff etc.
- Effective listening and interpersonal skills such as when dealing with relatives, healthcare professionals and during assessment of patients
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Ability to assess risk and take appropriate action
- Ability to administer medication safely including controlled drugs, and take-home medication, ensuring that patient and/or parent is educated in their use
If you feel the Disability Assessor position may be for you or you are interested in finding out further information please contact Nathan O’Brien at Meridian Business Support by email NOBrien@meridianbs.co.uk or call 07443192539. Alternatively, you can apply to this advert and someone from the Meridian team will be in touch.