£9.20 - £10 per hour
0161 830 8870
about 1 month ago
Experience in large scale cooking, must have at least level 2 Food safety and Cooking certificates.
Various shifts between 7am – 6.30pm
1 weekend in 3 off
Band 3 Chef
To assist the Head Chef and Deputise as directed the supervision and day to day running of the kitchen, producing goods of a high standard through the food preparation and service process, complying with current Food Safety and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Main Tasks & Overview of Responsibilities
- Prepare cook and serve meals for patients, staff and visitors, ensuring the highest standards of food safety throughout the process.
- Advise or inform any persons making enquiries for Allergen information.
- Observe and maintain all necessary ‘due diligence’ records as required by HACCP and the Trusts Food Safety Codes of Practise
- Adhere to standard recipes and methods and make the most economical use of all ingredients whilst maintaining a strict avoidance of waste
- Allocate work to the kitchen support staff, in conjunction with the Head Chef/Manager.
- Assist in the training and induction of new staff. Mentor Intern Students with special needs.
- Check that all food received is in accordance with the quality and quantity ordered, adopting strict control principles
- Work in a clean and tidy manner
- Be proactive in the investigation of complaints received from patients, by visiting patients on the wards
- Plan and mange own work load.
- Work unsupervised and make decisions, at times when the Head Chef or Manager are not on duty.
- At weekend collect and collate patient meals orders accurately and pass information on to the Kitchen.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in the work area.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene at all times, adhering to the rules and regulations as laid out in the Food Hygiene Codes of Practice.
- Ensure the correct procedure is in followed in the safe use of all equipment, including dangerous equipment.
- Report any breakdown of equipment or safety defects, to the Head Chef or Manager, in their absence to the correct department for repair.
- Report any accidents immediately, to head chef or manager, in their absence ensure all documentation is completed correctly.
- Provide cover in all areas of the Catering Department and perform any other duties commensurate with the grade for the efficient running of the department.
- Responsible for the security within the department including the handling of department keys.
If your interested in this role, please apply online.