£32000 - £34000 per annum
01392 423 301
3 months ago
Your role will be to source services suppliers within this manufacturing environment, negotiate competitive pricing structures and subsequently monitor and manage ongoing vendor relationships. The role does involve some CapEx equipment buying and could involve the buying of IT equipment, facilities management services and so forth.
- Conduct strategic sourcing activities for your defined commodity groups using the company’s category management toolkit, to derive term contracts, manage supply base and instigate supplier continuous improvement programmes.
- Manage all commercial aspects of the vendor relationship. Negotiation and agreement of prices and commercial / contractual terms for supplier services contracts.
- Reporting on vendor performance as required.
- Monitor performance of a portfolio of vendors and take appropriate actions to address any performance failures.
- At least 3 years procurement experience, preferably (but not essentially) from a manufacturing background e.g., Automotive, FMCG industries
- CIPS or equivalent qualifications preferred but not essential
- Computer literate in Microsoft applications including Work and Excel
- Knowledge of business enterprise resource planning (ERP) and also procurement technologies (e.g., eSourcing platforms) would be desirable
- Understanding of supply contracts, ideally including IT and FM (legal and commercial aspects)
- An understanding of budgets and financial matters in a manufacturing environment