£9.21 per hour
0161 830 8870
13 days ago
- To undertake responsibility for the provision of caretaking services at the school. In so doing ensuring these are provided to a consistently high and professional standard.
- To support the facilities management team in achieving the requirements of the project agreement and service obligations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Act as Key holder, carrying out security procedures for the buildings and grounds. The routine opening / closure of premises and grounds when on duty.
2. Preparing the building for Community and out of school activities and clearing up after these activities.
3. Reporting of faults and breakdowns to the ENGIE help desk as appropriate.
4. General porterage duties, including the erection of stands, equipment, moving of furniture and the dismantling and storage of equipment.
5. Cleaning of buildings and surrounds when required.
6. Carrying out the schools based procedures in the event of fire, flood, breaking and entering, accident or major damage.
7. To work within the schools policies and procedures.
8. To support the promotion of positive relationships with students, parent and community users and outside agencies.
9. To attend skill training and participate in personal/performance development as required.
10. To take care for their own and other people’s health and safety.
11. To be aware of the confidential nature of issues.
12. Respond to emergency situations in accordance with the Joint Emergency Response Plan (JERP).
13. Liaise and provide regular feedback to the Area Caretaker and school representative on caretaking issues
14. Manage and monitor the work undertaken by subcontractors, including the delivery of site inductions.
15. Carry out minor routine maintenance tasks in accordance with the planned preventative maintenance (PPM) programme, including pre-planned maintenance tasks during the school holidays.
16. Monitor and make adjustments as necessary to ensure plant and associated systems perform within set limits.
17. Respond in a timely manner to requests from the Helpdesk to meet target response and rectifications times.
18. Carry out internal and external routine inspections of the school premises.
19. Carry out minor or temporary repairs within competency level.
20. Make the necessary arrangements for the support of out of hours activities..
21. Respond in a safe manner to the effects of adverse weather conditions.
22. Undertake and regularly review risk assessments for all caretaking related tasks.
23. Report any issues to the AFM and make recommendations on improving the service.
24. Undertake training as necessary to maintain the requirements of the service.
25. Collaborate and co-operate with work colleagues, school representatives and users of the school’s facilities to deliver a customer focused service. Contribute to the goals and aims of the school.
26. Support the Company’s commitment to the No Life at Risk, Incident & Injury free culture and sustainable environment.
27. Collaborate and co-operate with work colleagues and users of the school’s facilities to deliver a customer focused service.
28. And any other reasonable management request
DBS is Required