Capital Project Manager - Exeter
Do you have proven experience in project management, with a minimum 5 years experience in construction and building services? Are you educated to degree level in Architectural, Construction, Building or an Engineering discipline, or maybe you have experience with an equivalent qualification. Do you have knowledge of Estate management, British standards, regulations, legislation and codes of practice? If you are looking for a project management role and have a good track record of building and engineering project management of multi-discipline schemes this could be the opportunity for you?
If you are looking to utilise your Project management experience with in a large and reputable organisation working with a friendly and welcoming team this may be a role worth exploring. See below an overview of the role and call Mags to discuss the opportunity further.
The Project Manger will be responsible for preparing and managing Trust capital and minor work projects (Projects) at various stages from briefing to completion. To ensure that they are completed in an efficient and effective manner so as to provide the highest possible standards of service delivery within the resources allocated, ensuring statutory compliance
- Management of capital projects including all documentation from initial brief to handover ensuring compliance with relevant statutory and non-statutory standards, health & safety guidance, regulations, codes of practice, British Standards, building regulations and planning authority guidance.
- Project management of new works, refurbishment, building adaptation and conversion schemes ensuring that projects meet user's requirements are completed on time, within budget and to acceptable quality standards in compliance with the Trusts financial instructions and policies.
- Ensure that project structures are established with project roles and responsibilities defined and that these arrangements are documented with appropriate governance in place including project initiation documents and risk assessments throughout the planning, design, tendering, reporting, approval, construction, commissioning and post-completion stages.
- Co-ordination of mechanical, electrical and other specialist disciplines, advise Trust staff on the technical and financial viability of capital works including identifying user's requirements, development of design brief and to ensure that the design solution reflects the Trusts strategic objectives.
- Carry out feasibility studies with budget and detailed estimate of works including option appraisals, draft layouts, support for business plans and recommendations for submission of funding bids.
- Manage project design and specification of schemes in a multi-discipline environment from initial brief to handover including; brief, costs, room data sheets, CAD drawings, BIM, schedules of work, outline and detailed design, planning and building regulation applications, tender documentation, contracts, construction, on-site supervision, commissioning, acceptance of works and handover to operations team.
- Educated to degree level in Architectural, Construction, Building or Engineering discipline, relevant subject or relevant experience with equivalent qualification.
- Project management qualification (PRINCE2, APM Project Management, etc)
- Relevant training (HTM's and HBNs, etc)
- Professional qualification (or working towards) in relevant estates discipline (RIBA, RICS, CIOB, CIBSE, etc.)
- Proven experience in project management, contract administration and engagement of consultants of all disciplines
- Minimum 5 years experience in construction and building services post qualification
- Procurement of capital works and estate services
- Estate management
- Good track record of building and engineering project management of multi-discipline schemes
- Risk assessment and critical path analysis
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- NHS technical documents, British standards, regulations, legislation and codes of practice
- Contract administration and contract law
- Budgetary control, planning and forecasting for capital schemes
- Planning and building control procedures
- Working with computer aided design tools AutoCAD, Revit or equivalent
- Construction process, principles, standards and techniques
- Sound knowledge of legislation relating to estates services / health and safety
- Demonstrates a high level of numerical and data analytical skills
- Construction design management (CDM)
Call Mags to discuss further 01392 4233301
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.