CAD Technician (Building Services) - Sunderland
My client is an award-winning MEP consulting engineering practice with offices in the UK, Middle East and Far East.
They currently require a CAD Technician to join the business on a permanent basis in Sunderland.
- To support the design team in the production of full working drawings, models and other technical documentation.
- To manage CAD details and standards.
- Management and mentoring of Junior CAD staff.
- Maintain the Project Management Plan.
- Represent as part of a Professional Design Team.
- Prepare technical drawings and details using AutoCAD and Revit to Company standards and to the particular requirements of the Directors and Engineers.
- Undertake the plotting and issue of technical drawings; maintain drawing issue sheets and record copies in a tidy ordered state.
- Take receipt of incoming technical information in digital format and ensure safe and proper storage; maintain adequate records of all information received.
- Ensure that all project related documentation is kept in compliance to the Business Management systems, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure that QA procedures are adopted and that drawing details and standards are consistent.
- Co-ordinate building services drawings with internal and external design team members including architects, civil, structural and external works consultants.
- Ensure compliance to the appropriate project specifications, design and health and safety standards as required.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role (MEP)
- Full working knowledge of Revit - Navisworks other Autodesk software desirable.
- A clear understanding of delivery of projects to a high standard from bid stage to operation.
- Strong knowledge of BIM, with proven track record of BIM implementation.
- Proficiency producing drawings and creating 3D models.
- Experience setting up and coordinating BIM models.
- Able to work as part of a team and as when needed under your own initiative.
If you meet these requirements please forward your CV and references to email@example.com or call 01642 233555
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry.
Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.