CAD Engineer (Building Services) - Castleford
My client is one of the leaders within the M&E industry, operating across the commercial, industrial, retail and leisure sectors in West Yorkshire
They currently require a CAD Engineer to join the business on a permanent basis in Castleford.
- To support the design team in the production of full working drawings, models and other technical documentation.
- To manage CAD details and standards.
- Management and mentoring of Junior CAD staff.
- Maintain the Project Management Plan.
- Represent as part of a Professional Design Team.
- Prepare technical drawings and details using AutoCAD to Company standards and to the particular requirements of the Directors and Engineers.
- Undertake the plotting and issue of technical drawings; maintain drawing issue sheets and record copies in a tidy ordered state.
- Take receipt of incoming technical information in digital format and ensure safe and proper storage; maintain adequate records of all information received.
- Ensure that all project related documentation is kept in compliance to the Business Management systems, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure that QA procedures are adopted and that drawing details and standards are consistent.
- Co-ordinate building services drawings with internal and external design team members including architects, civil, structural and external works consultants.
- Ensure compliance to the appropriate project specifications, design and health and safety standards as required.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role (MEP)
- Full working knowledge of AutoCad.
- A clear understanding of delivery of projects to a high standard from bid stage to operation.
- Proficiency producing drawings and creating 3D models.
- Able to work as part of a team and as when needed under your own initiative.
If you meet these requirements please forward your CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01642 233555
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry.
Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.