This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and rapidly growing organisation as a Procurement Coordinator / Buyer. Reporting to the Materials Manager you will support the business with stock control and purchasing activities to meet the needs of a very busy and continually growing production schedule. You will be rewarded by working in a stunning new build office and production environment at the cutting edge of health and nutrition.
Day to day production purchasing tasks including;
- Daily stock control of raw materials, packaging, to meet a busy production schedule. This involves manual review of MRP generated purchase requisitions, converting these to purchase orders, then placing and monitoring the progress of the purchase orders.
- Obtaining order confirmations, arranging and monitoring progress of orders to ensure delivery as required. Liaising with warehouse, production & other internal stakeholders if the delivery arrangements must vary from the system MRP requirements.
- Maintaining positive & beneficial supplier relationships.
- Assist the Materials Manager with other periodic purchasing tasks including; reviews of usage and stocking levels, forecasting, supplier performance reviews, and benchmarking exercises, among others.
- Occasional off-site visits may be required, to assist Materials Manager with supplier reviews, negotiations and to build supplier relations.
- Candidates must have relevant purchasing experience, preferably in a food / feed / pharma manufacturing environment.
- Good communication skills are essential as clear communication is required within the company and with suppliers.
- Candidates must have some experience of working within Quality accreditation systems such as; ISO 9001, cGMP, FEMAS, BRC, etc.
- Good IT skills including MS Office (Excel & Word in particular) are essential.
- Experience using ERP systems (IFS/ SAP preferred) is highly desirable.
- Competitive salary, day working (Mon-Fri) and a range of benefits including excellent pension scheme, healthcare benefits and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Working Hours: 8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday - Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.