£30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Company Pension, performance bonus
01392 423 301
about 1 month ago
As Buyer within this busy engineering firm, you will be responsible for the procurement of all products. You will be accountable for ensuring that the right levels of stock are in place, for driving down product cost through effective contract management, and for negotiating prices prior to purchasing products so that that is at the right/best price to protect and increase profit margins. You will work with the Development team to ensure that the product meets or exceeds required quality and performance levels from all suppliers.
- Effectively manage all existing & new suppliers.
- Identify key/strategic suppliers & build close working relationships to ensure Product is high quality, delivered on time at the right price.
- Establish & maintain Product Purchasing Profile with all key suppliers.
- Identify & effectively on board new suppliers.
- Whenever possible identify at least 2 suppliers for critical products.
- Maintain & update inventory records for purchased items whilst monitoring stock levels and values.
- Escalation point for Fulfilment customer support team in relation to supply issues.
- Identify & source from alternative Suppliers when 1st choice Supplier cannot meet demand or Quality requirements.
- Ideally qualified to a minimum of CIPS Level 3 or able & willing to be trained.
- The ability to estimate what something should cost.
- Good IT skills are essential.
- Excellent, persuasive & positive negotiation skills.
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to create financial reports & conduct cost analyses.
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Individual Performance Related Bonus up to 2% of salary
- Up to 3% matched pension contributions
- 23 days holiday (rising to 28 with tenure) plus bank holidays
- 10% membership discount for LED leisure
- Long Service Awards
- Institute of Customer Service Distinction
- IIP accredited for over 15 years