7 months ago
As a Buyer within this global distribution company, you will work alongside a number of procurement professionals and be responsible for the management of a number of key suppliers across the UK and Europe. The role will involve management of vendor relationships, placing of orders and the daily operation of the MRP system. It is important that you have previous experience as a Buyer and an understanding of the procurement process, or some experience within supply chain and a keenness to establish a career in Buying. You will be a strong communicator and able to work in a fast paced environment.
Reporting into the Purchasing Manager within the proactive Supply Management department, this role has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting key metrics for the customer, e.g. past dues, availability (first fill) and customer back orders
- Managing the expansive and diverse portfolio of products and suppliers, supporting sales ambitions
- Managing key product groups - Accessories, Linkage and PTO
- Maintaining and developing supplier relationships and holding suppliers to account
- Highlighting cost benefits through cost reduction identification or efficiency savings.
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as within a team to meet targets and deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills, mainly in MRP systems, mainframe ERP and Microsoft Office
- Previous experience and knowledge of supply management is essential.
- Company Pension Plan
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
Working Hours: 8.30-5pm Monday to Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.