As a Buyer within this global distribution company, you will work alongside a number of procurement professionals and be responsible for the management of a number of key suppliers across the UK and Europe. The role will involve management of vendor relationships, placing of orders and the daily operation of the MRP system. It is important that you have previous experience as a Buyer and an understanding of the procurement process. You will be a strong communicator and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Responsible for the delivery of Purchasing cost reductions through effective sourcing and negotiation with suppliers.
- Work with individual commodity managers on global sourcing strategy. Identify and communicate supplier diversity opportunities for a given commodity.
- Develop supplier relationships in existing and new territories.
- Continuous search for new suppliers according to different commodity strategies.
- Analyse vendor performance failures, identify causal factors and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Experience in a similar purchasing role
- Experience with a high volume manufacturing or trading company
- Desire to progress your career.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Numerate with good database skills in Excel (to v-look up level) and a general knowledge of MS Office applications
- Life assurance cover 2 x basic salary (rising to 3 x basic salary for pension scheme members)
- Company Pension Plan - Employer contributions of 6% (with min of 3% employee contributions)
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Company profit share scheme, following 2 years service.
- Subsidised critical Illness medical insurance plan
Working Hours: 8.30-5pm Monday to Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.