Our Client has an excellent opportunity if you have some purchasing experience and a desire to build a career in this environment. This position is within a creative, home interiors production company and if you have a particular interest in this field, that would also be a great advantage. You will be responsible for the sourcing and supply of specific products within the Purchasing Team, ensuring that stock is readily available to meet a varying sales demand without the need to carry excess stock.
- The Buyer will be responsible for sourcing and monitoring particular raw materials to maintain production flow.
- The Buyer will contribute to the Purchasing Strategy and plan in line with the organisational objectives. Whilst this is predominantly an office based role there will be a need to travel to visit exhibitions and suppliers in the UK. (It is essential that you are a car driver)
- Meeting suppliers and negotiating price and terms of contract in line with company policy with Senior Buyer.
- Setting quality parameters and ensuring products fall within acceptable guidelines.
- Resolving product and supplier issues.
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products.
- Undertaking purchase order placement, material expediting in line with projected sales.
- Expediting orders on behalf of other members of the team, from both UK and abroad.
- Have proven commercial acumen in product sourcing with strong and tough negotiation skills.
- Have a business-like approach with the ability to use tact and diplomacy when negotiating.
- Have an eye for details; a high level of accuracy.
- Hold good educational qualifications, ideally to degree level.
- Be able to make decisions, meet targets and work to tight deadlines.
- Enjoy and be willing to travel with limited notice if the business needs require it.
- Be IT literate, with good MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel.
- Possess an interest in interior design and colours to enable the right sourcing decisions to be made.
- Have a willingness to consider foreign travel in the future should there be progression within the role.
- Previous experience within purchasing would be beneficial.
- Possession of a valid driving licence required.
- Contributory pension scheme,
- Staff discounts,
- Childcare vouchers,
- In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within this rapidly growing dynamic company.
Working Hours: 9.00 - 5.30 Mon - Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.