Depending on experience
7 months ago
We are currently looking for a Business Recovery Assistant to provide support with solvent and insolvent company liquidations.
Applicants will ideally be fully AAT (or similar) qualified but part-qualified candidates will be considered.
We would especially welcome applications from anyone interested in flexible working / part time hours.
- The role will include cashiering, case administration and liaison with stakeholders.
- Assisting and supporting the Insolvency Practitioners in the department in a range of administrative tasks
- Providing bookkeeping services, including the recording of income and expenditure, matching transactions to bank statements, summarising expenditure types
- Preparing reports and returns, including recording information for VAT and business tax returns and assistance with the preparation of annual reports to shareholders and creditors
- Using computer software to record financial transactions, including Excel, Word, Sage accounting software and other financial packages (training will be provided)
- Answering telephone enquiries from shareholders and creditors.
- Applicants will ideally be fully AAT (or similar) qualified but part-qualified candidates will be considered
- Applicants must be confident at speaking on the telephone
- Able to multitask, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Confident, professional and team orientated in approach
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to stakeholders
- Proficient in MS Office 2007 (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Some work experience in business or an accountancy practice is desirable, but an aptitude to the work and an enthusiasm for knowledge is more important
On the job training in the early stages, but with the opportunity of further training for qualifications in insolvency and accounting (e.g. ICAEW Certificate in Insolvency) as well as ongoing support through annual development and performance review process.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Perks at Work
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
Working Hours: 8.30 - 5.00 Mon - Fri (however part time hours will be considered)
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.