This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced Analyst to work within a busy purchasing department, gathering and analysing data in order to offer guidance and support on category planning and supplier relationship management activities, decision-making and policy and strategy direction. You will take the lead on data analysis and market research activities. In return for fully utilising your Excel/Access skills in this proactive data role, you will be rewarded by working for one of Devon's leading company's in the most stunning location possible.
- To analyse information gathered around the activities of the Procurement team, including all related issues, plans, reports, policies, processes and procedures, procurement sourcing and category strategies, training and metrics.
- To work alongside the Head of Procurement to develop innovative approaches to reviewing procurement process effectiveness and explore solutions that deliver efficiencies, process improvements and assist in raising the profile of the Procurement function.
- To undertake market research, cost modelling and analysis of supply markets as well as use third party spend, supply chain and organisational information and data with a view to understanding trends.
- Demonstrable previous experience of working within a busy analytical role
- Advanced level MS Excel including being competent in the use of pivot tables, use of advanced formulae including embedding/nesting within conditional logic and error handling, data type conversion, etc. and proficient in the full suite of Microsoft applications plus a working knowledge of databases
- Comfortable working with large datasets containing big volumes of data
- Highly analytical with the ability to review and report clearly and concisely on a range of data and management information
- Previous experience of using workflow systems, such as finance, e-procurement or case management or data analytical systems
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and including a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a proven ability to successfully interact with people at all levels
- 31 days holiday per year. This increases by one day each year until a maximum of 34 days (pro rata for part time employees) is reached.
- Pension Scheme
Working Hours: Full-time, working 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 08.30 - 16.30.
This is a multi-site, 7-day operation and therefore there may be some requirement to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.