£16 - £18 per hour
0161 830 8870
18 days ago
Rate of Pay: £16.00 - £18.00 per hour.
Hours: Monday - Friday 37 hours per week.
To give customers a first class service through the provision of an accurate, fair, effective and efficient benefit assessment service, working through the regulations, including the Verification Framework. To assist customers regarding the requirements of making a claim, explaining the regulations and the award of benefits.
- Assess promptly (to targets set by management) and accurately claims for housing and council tax benefit, working within the requirements set by the Council and regulations.
- Deal with correspondence from customers and their representatives concerning claims and potential claims for benefits.
- Answer customer enquiries by letter, telephone and/or in person.
- Liaise with other sections, departments, other agencies (Benefits Agency, DWP, Pensions Service and Inland Revenue) and organisations on matters concerning benefits.
- Help provide a sample check on computer input, to help improve and maintain standards.
- Recover overpayments of benefits through on going benefits and arrangements.
- Where necessary visit customers at their homes to explain complex issues including overpayments and/or gather information to help enable claim to be assessed.
- Other tasks connected with Benefits and Revenues as directed by Senior Management.