We are currently looking for a talented Skilled Bench Inspectors to join our UK team based at our Yeovil site in the South West of England.
As a Skilled Bench Inspector, your main purpose is to:
- You will be responsible for bench inspection quality of the product and adhering to all company procedures whilst maintaining delivery schedule adherence.
- You will be use your WA stamp to pass off finished features.
- You will use your WA stamp in the final inspection of components.
- Experience of first article inspection process.
- Ability to interpret aerospace standard engineering detailed drawings.
- Liaise with quality department and manufacturing engineering.
- Quality notifications, concessions/Non-conformance reporting.
- A flexible approach in all inspection processes and the ability to work on own initiative within the quality processes and as part of a small but essential team.
- A willingness to undertake the relevant training in order to operate Zeiss/Prismo CMM inspection areas.
The successful candidate will:
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 in Engineering Production or equivalent time served engineering Apprenticeship in relevant discipline
- The Job holder shall have a sound engineering background with experience within and Aerospace or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of CMM inspection equipment would be an advantage but not essential.
- Integrity and Professional approach.
- Self motivated but also has the ability to work as a team member.
- Knowledge of company quality system but training will be given
- Familiar with the use of computers and there software such as word, excel.
- Good commutation skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in Writing.
- Understanding of All manufacturing Process/ Support activities.
- Familiarity with audit procedures.
- Willingness to work within a shift environment
- Understanding of lean manufacturing methodology / continuous improvement activity.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.