Frankfurt am Main, Hessen
£38000 - £42000 per annum + expenses package
about 1 year ago
An amazing opportunity for experienced Mechanical Engineers to represent this British Manufacturer of specialist vehicles, working on their Client's site in Germany. Initially offered on a 1 year fixed term contract but with a strong possibility of either an extension or permanency thereafter. There would be a possibility for you to be based in Germany on a 9 on / 4 off working day rotation with travel and flights included in your package or for you to be based in Germany for the duration of the contract.
Two positions are available for highly experienced and competent automotive systems / application engineers to work in Germany for this specialist adapted off-road vehicle manufacturer.
- Verification and Validation of Systems Requirements of automotive platforms
- Management of systems project data
- Holding and documenting timely root cause analysis issues emerging from V&V testing
- Identification of effective engineering solutions to address root cause of issues identified through V&V activities
- Coordinate and facilitate correct of issues identified across Engineering, Quality and Production teams. Ensure compliance with and the application of relevant standards and codes of practice
- Experience of automotive system design, evaluation and analysis including automotive systems, Hydraulic systems and structures.
- Systems approach to design.
- Experience of evaluating and resolving automotive systems issues
- Good working experience of Siemens NX
- Experience of drawing issue control using PDM systems.
- Structural analysis using first principles and FEA
- Vehicle testing using data logging and other instrumentation.
- Presentation skills
- Use of ERP and MRP systems
- Knowledge of drawing standards including BS 8888, geometrical tolerancing, welding specification etc
- 3D Cad skills preferably with SolidWorks
- Use of MS Project
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) at all levels including suppliers and customers.
- Generally computer literate and able to adapt to different software
- Good report writing and project information recording
Minimum of HNC qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or related discipline
Associated Benefits: Accommodation and flights will be provided if necessary back to the UK
- 23 Days holiday + Bank holidays
- Group Life Cover
Working Hours: Full time - 80 hour/9 day fortnight
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.