We are recruiting for an Assistant Shift Manager with strong people management skills to join a high volume production facility based in Wrexham working continental shifts, with an excellent salary and fantastic benefits on offer!!
As Assistant Shift Manager you will be working continental shifts 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off, and will be offered a salary in the region of £40-50k per annum plus excellent benefits as below!
Reporting into the Shift Manager, you will be leading a team of production staff on shift with the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the Plant production function and Shift Manager and drive objectives forward in line with Plant KPI’s as well as stand in for the Shift Manager as and when required
- Help achieve Plant KPI targets: Safety / Customer Complaints / Internal Quality Control / Production Efficiency / Spoilage / Housekeeping/plant condition (general Plant level and specific allocated machines)
- Ensure that manning levels are maintained to agreed levels and that each shift is optimally utilised, sufficiently trained and well-motivated to achieve the Plant’s targets.
- Ensure that the Process Leaders fulfil their roles and responsibilities.
- Report on the Shift activity by ensuring that the relevant paperwork is completed as fully as possible.
- Ensure the on-coming shift and the day-shift support team are aware of any significant deviations in the process areas or services.
- In conjunction with the Shift Manager control the overtime budget.
We are keen to speak with applicants with the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a Deputy Production Manager, Production Supervisor or similar role is required
- Strong people management skills with some experience of change management
- Exposure to lean manufacturing techniques would be advantageous
- Hands on Supervisor who has the ability to have challenging conversations when required
- Exposure to working in a heavily audited environment would be advantageous
- Experience of working in a high volume fast paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate good decision making in a demanding environment
- Good IT skills including MS Office especially Excel for reporting
- Paid overtime
- Full uniform, and laundry service
- Family Health insurance
- Death in service x4
- Up to 10% pension contributions
- Occupational Health and regular Health Surveillance checks
- Subsidised canteen
- Incentive Bonus
Please apply today or call us to discuss this Assistant Shift Manager role in more detail!