This is a really exciting, newly created opportunity for a highly experienced Senior Buyer with some supervisory skills, to move into a position which will truly draw upon your skills and abilities. You will join an established team with a Purchasing Manager and 3 Procurement professionals, who order stock from over 90 suppliers for 4000 product lines. You will be responsibility for supervising the Purchasing Team and providing support to the Purchasing Manager in meeting the requirements of the department and the business, through maintaining excellent brand/supplier relationships and ensuring continuity of supply.
- Support the Purchasing Manager in the operational management of the day to day running of the Purchasing Team to ensure it runs smoothly and effectively.
- Continually assess and review stock levels, liaising with the relevant supplier and department to ensure that the supply of products meets customer demand within agreed time frames.
- Work as part of the Purchasing Team to forecast and accurately place and manage orders to meet customer demand.
- Liaise with the relevant department and suppliers on quality issues identified and resolve those issues effectively.
- Prepare and issue reports and data as required to keep colleagues and senior management informed and updated.
- Support the Purchasing Manager with analysis of brand, product and range performance, developing reporting to analyse trade patterns.
- Build and maintain good relations with new and existing suppliers and ensure the terms of business are adhered to with a positive outcome for the Company.
- Attend supplier meetings and trade exhibitions, which could include occasional travel throughout the UK and Europe.
- Recent, relevant experience in a purchasing environment
- Evidence of recent, relevant supervisory experience leading a successful team
- Evidence of strong analytical and investigative skills
- A Purchasing qualification or membership of the relevant Purchasing bodies would be desirable.
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to analyse facts and figures
- Accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- A flair for negotiation and networking
- Company Pension
- Staff Discount
- On-site Parking
Working Hours: 8.30-5 Monday to Friday.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.