£30000 per annum, Benefits: Plus benefits
01392 423 301
3 months ago
I am seeking an Assistant Import Manager with an enthusiastic approach to work. We are looking for a confident, proactive, hardworking individual who can cope in a fast-paced, challenging environment. Professionalism, organisational and computer literacy skills, and experience of working under pressure are key requirements of this role. Your primary objective will be dealing with all documentation pertaining to importation of products sourced from overseas and offering support to the Import Team based in the UK and Hong Kong. This is a highly critical role that requires an individual who has effective communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks with a high attention to detail.
- Provide day to day work direction to the shipping team to ensure the import process is executed properly.
- Management of documentation to successfully complete all import duties and processes. Tracking and monitoring all shipments providing regular communication and updates to key stakeholders and react quickly and effectively to any issues or challenges that arise.
- Ability to communicate clearly with suppliers, ensuring efficient and positive relations that further enable the smooth operation of the importation process.
- Build and maintain positive working relations with all other relevant parties, internally and externally, that contribute to import activities.
- Use sound personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles that may occur.
- Planning and scheduling bulk shipments and deliveries.
- Undertake individual performance appraisals.
- Onboarding, inducting and continued training of the Team.
- Owning and maintain SOP’s, processes and training manuals for all import and export activities
- Ensure full compliance and that both company and HMRC requirements are met, and records maintained in line with policy including classifying goods.
- Shipping Experience.
- At least 5 years Team Management Experience.
- Clear & engaging communicator with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to tight deadlines and ability to solve complex problems is critical.
- Able to prioritise own workload and others.
- Able to take ownership and responsibility, proactively seeks out solutions and opportunities to improve data accuracy & operational requirements.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel (including equations and macros), Outlook and databases.
- Accurate at data inputting.
- Recognised Shipping / Import International Trade qualification. (Desirable)
- Previous freight forwarding experience. (desirable)
- Confident, positive attitude.
- Methodical and organised way of working.
- Ability to lead a team and manage team’s workload.
- Sense of humour.
- Willingness to display flexibility in working hours as occasions may sometimes demand.