£18000 - £20000 per annum + plus excellent benefits
8 months ago
Meridian Business Support are expanding and currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join their vibrant Support Services team. Based from our beautiful, modern and spacious offices at our central Head Office near Manchester Airport this is an excellent opportunity to join a great company with great people and have the opportunity to progress and develop your career.
Who are we?
Meridian Business Support is one the UK's largest multi award winning independent recruitment agencies and are proud to be celebrating 30 years within the recruitment industry this year. We are a very friendly bunch and have a fantastic reputation within the industry. Working at Meridian is very much about being part of one family where a healthy balance of work and play are important to us. Our recent survey results showed 98% of our employees are happy at work, 89% have fun at work and 92% would refer someone to work for us!
The Assistant Accountant will provide an effective support service to the Accountants and department in order for the Company to achieve its yearly objectives. The ideal candidate will have previous accounts experience and be studying or be prepared to study towards their AAT qualification.
- Responsible for all aspects of subsidiary company, including Management Accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, purchase ledger, Stat accounts and VAT returns
- Printing and assembling month end packs for Directors
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Bank account posting and reconciliation
- Monthly reconciliation of PSA information
- Monthly analysis of self employed workers including raising invoices
- General filing of information and reports
- Providing support and cover for Purchase Ledger function
- ITEPA Reporting
- Weekly and monthly league tables
- Assisting with annual budget process
The successful candidate:
- Previous accounts experience would be advantageous
- Working towards AAT qualification or a willingness to start studies
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills including Word and Excel
- Work well as part of a team
- Ability to work to deadlines
- IT literate including Word and Excel
What we offer you…..
In return for your hard work we offer:
- Opportunity to work with one of the largest privately owned recruitment agencies in the UK
- Competitive salary £18K - £20K plus excellent benefits
- Birthday day off
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Dress down Fridays
- First class training and the opportunity to gain industry accredited qualifications
- Opportunity for career progression
- Annual awards conference and dinner plus many more…
For more details regarding this fantastic opportunity please contact Dawn Fish, Talent Acquisition Manager at Meridian Business Support on 07734 147479 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the offer process, all successful candidates will be required to give their consent to complete a basic DBS disclosure. For roles with budgetary responsibility, successful candidates will also be required to give their consent to the completion of a credit check. All job offers are subject the consideration of vetting results, in addition to the receipt of satisfactory references
Meridian are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. If you have a disability, as a Disability Confident Employer we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require with Dawn Fish, our Talent Acquisition Manager.