Mechanical Assembler Fitter required
(this kind of skilled work is sometimes known as Mechanical Fitter)
Location: Poole, Dorset
Job Title: Mechanical Assembler / Fitter
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 8:00am to 4:00pm, early finish on a Friday
Pay: Basic salary £23,300 - £23,800. We're looking to pay a starting rate of between £11.00 per hour and £11.75 per hour, depending on your skill and experience. Overtime is readily available.
I'm offering a rare opportunity to work with a medium sized, specialist engineering firm, a hidden gem based in the beautiful Dorset region.
With a long history in their specialist market my client has become an expert and trusted supplier in their field, producing the highest quality engineered products for a range of customers which all require the best possible products to perform well under some of the most safety-critical circumstances.
My client is looking to increase their team and I'm looking to find just the right person to join the company as their new skilled Mechanical Assembler Fitter at a time when business is continuing at a strong and steady rate.
The job - Mechanical Assembler Fitter
Do you have experience of assembling metal component parts, carefully following engineering instructions?
Perhaps you've completed an apprenticeship or you have a year or two's experience under your belt in a similar environment and you're looking for your career to progress?
Is your experience gained from working in the aerospace or a similar field?
Then I'm interested in hearing from you.
Joining a small team of mechanical assembly staff, you will be working in a modern, well equipped, safe and tidy factory environment. You'll be working with well maintained tools and equipment and you'll be making products of the highest quality for customers all over the world.
- Assembling mechanical (metal) components according to standard instructions documents;
- Using hand tools such as spanners, air tools and torque wrenches;
- working from detailed two dimensional engineering drawings and checking finished assemblies against specification;
- Packing finished products ready for dispatch;
- Completing any paperwork along with any associated duties;
- Your skills and experience of working to strict guidelines and assembling components to precise tolerances will be critical to your success in this role.
If you have an eye for detail and a conscientious attitude, if you take a pride in completing a good job and you have experience of working in the area of mechanical assembly or mechanical fitting, then please do get in touch, we would be pleased to hear from you.
The hours (day shift)
8:00am - 4:00pm with an early finish on a Friday
Overtime regularly available.
A few of the benefits we can offer you
- Permanent contract, starting rate between £11.00 and £11.75 per hour / £23,300 - £23,800;
- company pension scheme;
- clean, well organised facilities;
- well maintained machines, tools and equipment;
- a friendly, welcoming team atmosphere and very knowledgeable and supportive management style;
- long term order book with established specialist contracts worldwide;
- free on-site parking;
- 33 days holiday including Christmas factory shut down.
To apply for the Mechanical Assembler and Tester vacancy
Important: Please be assured that your application or any conversation we have will be treated confidentially.
For more information or to apply for one of these positions, please submit your CV to this advert, or ask for Tom Andrews on 01242-246-022, (01242) 246 022 or send your enquiry to tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk - I look forward to hearing from you!
Haven't got a CV?
Don't worry, if you feel your skills and experience match what we're looking for then give me a call or send me a quick email and we can talk things through.
Key words for search purposes: mechanical, assembly, assembler, fitter, fitting BH17 0UF
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.