Appointed Person/Lift Supervisor - Teesside
My client requires an appointed person who will be responsible for the execution and safety off all lifting operations on their large chemical site on Teesside.
- Responsible for the supervision and management of the lifting team including delivering briefings, and toolbox talks.
- Responsible for delegating other duties, although not the responsibility, to other persons such as the crane or lifting operations supervisor.
- Seek, analyse, calculate and specify a procedure and detail the method of executing a lifting operation or operations, whilst conforming to both good practice and regulatory requirements (lift plan)
- Relaying all information about the lift in clear and coherent manner to members of the lifting team via relevant documentation and other forms of instruction.
- Production of risk assessments for the operation, a method statement outlining how the risks should be controlled, identification of personnel required, the technical data relating to the lifting equipment, loads, accessories and working area, the sequence of operations and actions to be taken in an emergency or where alternative arrangements need to be made.
- Consider and stipulate the competencies and skills required and the number / type of personnel needed for each part of the lifting operation
- Estimate work based on costing sheets and relay back job information via photos, technical descriptions etc
- Ensure the chosen LE/Crane Supervisor is able to give clear instructions to other members of the lifting team, especially if the AP is not present at the lift,
- Consideration of environmental aspects, such as changes in weather, which can affect the lifting operation in terms of load control, visibility and ground support. Consideration of exposure of lifting team to poor or extreme weather conditions and appropriate action taken to manage risks.
- CPCS Appointed Person (A61)
- Slinger Signaller AP(40)
- IPAF (3a & 3b)
- Site Managers' Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Full UK Driving License
- Significant experience within the machinery and moving industry, in an appointed person role
- Experience of major projects
- Must be able to prepare all lift plans, risk assessments and supervise lifting and rigging operations
- Have a wide understanding of the lifting industry including knowledge of materials, trades, methods and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Experiencing of managing lifting teams to accomplish project goals and objectives.
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines
- Confidence and commitment to providing a high quality, professional service
- Good communications skills including producing written reports and presenting information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages - Word, Excel, Powerpoint
If you meet these requirements please forward your CV and references to email@example.com or call 01642 233555
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry.
Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.