Bury St Edmunds
£8.91 per hour, Benefits: Free Training, Free Uniform, Eligibility for a Blue Light Card
about 2 months ago
You will be working on a rota system based on 4 days working followed by 4 days off.
- Are you a Healthcare Assistant or Support Worker looking for an exciting change?
- Do you hold a current valid driving license (2years minimum) with no more than 3 points?
Then we may have the perfect role for you...
We are looking for Ambulance Care Assistants to work in Swindon, SN1. Duties will include:
- Collecting and driving discharged patients from local hospitals and ensuring their safe arrival home
- Checks that the home environment is adequately secured after the departure of the patient upon their return home.
- Administering basic first aid and oxygen as required
- Being in the back of the van supporting patients, keeping an eye on them and ensuring their comfort at all times
- Completing all necessary vehicle and journey documentation
- Be able to assist patients in walking, pushing them in a wheelchair and lifting them in and out of a vehicle/home
- Report facts concerning accidents or incidents to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials
- Ensure the vehicle and associated equipment is in a safe and clean condition at all times, reporting any defects to the appropriate managers
You will need to be a confident driver driving long wheel based vehicles (an ordinary car license is fine)
This is based on a 40hour working week. You will need to be fully flexible with your hours on working days as shift times are any times between 6am - 11pm (shifts are 10 hours long)