Job Title: Assembler and Polisher - aerospace (this type of job is sometimes called a Fitter)
Contract type: Permanent job form day one
Rate of pay: £8.50 - £11.00 per hour dependent on experience
Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm Monday to Friday, flexible working hours around core hours, 39 hours per week, early finish on a Friday. Lots of overtime available.
Location: Poole, Dorset
Specialising in aerospace engineering, the company I'm working with produce metal component parts of the highest quality to very precise dimensions for many of the most well-known aircraft companies in the world.
They are now looking for a Mechanical Assembler / Polisher to join the small team.
Assembler/ Polisher - £8.50 to £11 (days) - candidate will be assembling intricate parts, so experience within aerospace or precision engineering is a must. Any experience with manual machining would be beneficial but not essential as we can train.
We're looking for a conscientious individual with a great eye for detail. Someone who has experience of:
- Assembling complex and intricate component parts
- polishing and finishing metals
- using hand held and bench assembly / fitting equipment to produce finished sub-assemblies
- using measuring equipment such as a vernier, micrometre, depth gauge, screw plug gauge and similar to check assembled parts for accuracy against drawings
- packing items carefully for dispatch to customers
Hours and benefits - Mechanical Assembler and Polisher
- Daytime working hours 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday (early finish on a Friday available)
- Hourly rate between £8.50 - £11.00 per hour to begin with, increases in salary can be achieved after time served and competence achieved.
- Lots of overtime available right now at enhanced rates
- This position is a permanent job from day one, not a temporary or contracting role
- Lots of free parking always available
- Modern, clean facilities
- Brand new machines and latest equipment
- Please get in touch for a complete benefits package
Please note: you will be assembling intricate parts, so experience within aerospace or precision engineering is a must to be considered for this role. Any experience with manual (conventional) machining would be beneficial but not essential as training can be provided.
To apply for this Mechanical Assembler and Polisher position
Don't worry - we promise complete confidentiality.
If you'd like to be considered as a candidate for this vacancy or if you'd just like to find out more, please use the 'apply now' button on this advertisement to send in your CV or get in touch with Tom Andrews directly on 01242-246-022 01242/246/020 or by email on tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk.
If you think this sounds like the job for you but you don't have a CV, don't worry - please feel free to get in touch and we'll see how we can help.
Keywords for search purposes: mechanical assembly assembler fitter aerospace BH17 7BZ
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.