£12 per hour
about 2 months ago
Relevant skills within a shipping/distribution environment would be desirable however, it is not essential as full training will be given. You must have previous experience of managing detailed paperwork within a administrative role and experience of using Excel. Excellent problems solving skills and attention to detail is relevant to this position.
The Import Coordinator will carry out the following duties:
- Ensuring that the Import of spares and repairs on a worldwide basis are processed within agreed service level and purchase order due date, along with the correct documentation.
- Producing documents that are compliant to H M Revenue & Customs & Department for Business Innovation & Skills regulations.
- Producing Import documents that are Customer/Country specific.
- Ensuring that where necessary shipping documentation is compliant.
- Acting as the point of contact for queries from various internal departments and communicate response in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintain regular communication with stakeholders regarding the delivery solution of their transportation needs.
- Ensuring that correct HM Revenue & Customs import procedures are complied with at time of import.
- Communicate with both the Company’s preferred Freight Forwarders and Customers nominated agents. This will involve booking freight for Import via airfreight, sea freight and road freight ensuring that shipments arrive with customers and suppliers within agreed service levels.
- Checking freight bills against agreed rates to be processed for payment
- Ensuring any internal documents on a working basis are updated and adhered
This position will be a ongoing temporary role paying £12.00 an hour based on a 37 hour week.