We are recruiting for a full time Accounts Assistant to work for a large organisation based in the centre of Bridgwater. You will be working as part of the payments and treasury team managing incoming and outgoing payments on behalf of the organisation as well as providing support to the treasury accountant.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To process supplier's invoices through a computerised Accounts Payable System
- Resolves queries from suppliers and volunteers/service users relating to payments and expense allowances.
- Provide assistance and advice as required in respect of order receipting and online invoice approval.
- Logging purchase invoices, credit notes and cheque requests onto the financial system.
- Obtaining authorisation through the Invoice Approval System and following through queries on any invoices rejected by budget holder.
- To recover VAT on eligible contracted out services.
- Maintaining details of supplier email addresses for electronic remittance advice's.
- To resolve queries from suppliers and managers and responding efficiently and effectively.
- Negotiate and pursue credit notes from suppliers.
- Processing credit card claims and reconciling claims against statement, following up any discrepancies.
- Processing manual requests for payment in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reconciling supplier statements on a monthly basis.
- Scanning invoices into the Purchase ledger system.
- Processing and inputting petty cash requisitions.
- Checking petty cash claims for discrepancies.
- Any other related duties as required
You will need previous finance and accounts based experience ideally within a large organisation managing payment runs and a fast paced invoicing environment. Experience in using Excel and in house finance systems would be advantageous. Accuracy and attention to detail are essential components to this role as you will often be responsible for signing off high value invoices.
The role is working on a full time basis, hours of work are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
Rate of pay is £10.15 per hour.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.