Up to £38000 per annum
27 days ago
If you are a pro-active Account Manager with excellent Project skills, both proven within a technical environment (such as automotive, aviation, aerospace) then we have a fantastic Devon based role for you. It is anticipated that the role will initially be 60-70% sales/ key account management and 30%-40% project management and you will successfully identify new sales opportunities, liaise with customers over their requirements, quote for the business, and then manage the project through to delivery of prototypes and production parts. The role will be based out of their Exeter office.
- To act as both Key Account Manager and Project Manager within the OEM division and EMEA&A region of this Devon based automotive supplier.
- To identify, manage and achieve growth via new and existing business opportunities within this region.
- To work independently and lead a project team to manage customer activities from RFQ to Job 1 + 90, ensuring project milestones and KPIs are successfully met.
- To understand customer needs and actively engage, enable and promote products and solutions to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved to the highest standard.
- Maximise the opportunity, turnover and profitability of new and existing OEM customer accounts.
- Grow sales turnover and profitability through new and existing customer development.
- Project - Lead, manage and co-ordinate the planning, development and completion of OE projects from initial supply of prototype parts through to production (Job 1 plus 90 days).
- Act as an initial 'customer facing' contact to identify, interpret, and communicate the customers technical and New Product Introduction requirements successfully within the business and Project Teams.
- Ensure technical competence with the ability to interpret, understand and discuss customers technical requirements.
Minimum 3 years experience within a similar role within a manufacturing company with a successful track record of managing/ growing business opportunities whilst delivering customer projects on time and within budget.
Experience of Microsoft Project and use of Project Management tools, templates and processes (APQP etc)
Excellent standards of communication, initiative and ability to build relationships
Commercial and financial awareness
Ability to read and interpret technical data and translate to others
Extensive knowledge of project management techniques
Results oriented and organised with the ability to understand and carry out plans and meet objectives as agreed.
Good level education in Maths and English
Ideally educated to Degree level or with equivalent working experience
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
This role is full-time and may require some travel.
Working Hours: 8am-5pm Mon-Thurs 8am-3pm Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.