£9.50 - £10.70 per hour
26 days ago
NHS 111 is a fundamental part of the integrated urgent care service, which is a non-emergency telephone service providing patient's advice to the most appropriate urgent care service they require.
As a Health Advisor, you will be answering inbound calls from members of the public and health care professionals in need of medical advice and support.
You will be fully trained in NHS Pathways which is a pioneering triage tool to assess patients over the phone and direct them to the most appropriate care. Although it is a non-emergency service, you’ll also need to be prepared to deal with urgent or life-threatening calls as people can underestimate the severity of their symptoms.
You will be responsible to ensure that all calls are answered promptly, accurately and professionally in line with the performance standards.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Ensure that calls which are received within the Integrated Urgent Care
Service (IUCS) are assessed to ensure that patients and other
healthcare professionals are directed to the most appropriate
healthcare professional or another end disposition.
• Deliver high quality, safe and clinically effective health care over the
telephone in accordance with your training and local procedures
• Communicate effectively with callers in critical situations or about areas of
• Use advanced communication, negotiation and probing skills across a wide
range of calls including emotive circumstances or caller aggression.
• Meet monthly key performance indicators (KPIs) and targets.
• Actively contribute to service improvement within the Integrated Urgent Care
• Participate fully in meetings with your Team Leader and in an annual
performance review to identify areas of professional development
• In addition to undertaking the duties as outlined above, the call advisor will be
expected to fully adhere to the following rules and regulations that may from
time to time be in force and ensure full understanding of those rules and
regulation relevant to the role. In addition at all times must act in accordance
with Devon Doctors policies and regulations.
40 hours per week
Rolling rota, week on week off
£9.50 - 10.70 per hour