Temping offers a realistic alternative to permanent work and offers many benefits.
- Temping gives you more control over your working life and allows you to choose when you work, for whom and for how long.
- Temping gives you the opportunity to meet new people and learn about new industries, management styles and work cultures.
- Temp roles can help you to try new things, decide what you like and dislike and to define your strengths and weaknesses.
- Temping gives you the chance to gain experience, providing an opportunity to develop new skills and enhance your CV.
- If you're thinking about a change of direction or industry, temping can help you find out about new sectors and decide what's right for you.
- Temping is an ideal way to get your foot in the door of a company for whom you would like to work. It's easier to learn about a company, its culture and the opportunities that may exist there from an insider's point of view.
- Temping is often used as a way for employers to assess a person's suitability for a role before offering them a permanent position.